LSU Site Contest Environment
As always, we try to provide an environment as close as possible to the environment planned for the next ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest.
Contestant machines at the LSU site will run Fedora 9. Here is some information about our planned environment:
- Fedora Linux 9 (Download from Fedora 9 or fedora.lsu.edu or SCUSA Fedora Mirror) RPM listing as of 20080928
- Window Managers
- GNU C/C++
- Sun Java (1.5.0_16, 1.6.0_07)
- Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby (for th escripting contest ONLY)
- Integrated Development Environments
- Eclipse - IDE for Java development (CDT also included)
- vi, vim, gvim
- emacs, Xemacs
- Mozilla Firefox
Sound will be disabled. Systems will have 3-button mice.
Note: The environment is subject to change.